re: Ferraris for Alfas?

hi luke, you said:
>So what happened to the person who posted here about
>being tired of Ferrari maintenance costs?
>I will trade my 95 164LS and my 82 GTV6 for his 308.
======================================
yule prolly be at least $20k shy, unless it's a really tatty 308...  may as well
buy a pantera for that, & keep yer two alfas...  :>)

>Surely, maintaining one super expensive one cannot be
>worse than caring for two expensive ones. Once you add
>insurance and registration...
=========================
surely NOT!!!  if ewe get rid of yer two alfas for a ferrari 308, yer
maintenance will be much more than keeping the alfas, even if ewe get a pantera
- - unless, of course, ewe never drive the 308...  i pay $324/year for insurance
for my pantera - agreed value of $30k, FULL coverage, NO deductible.  for the
cost of a 308 tune-up, i can install a 400hp gnu/rebuilt engine in my pantera.

if ewe want a ferrari that will keep up w/even a mildly tweeked gtv6, yule have
to start w/at least a 348; the 308's don't cut it...

>Save me, I am under the spell of things red, prancing,
>and shiny...
====================
save it for when ewe win the lottery - take a drive in a pantera, something ewe
can actually afford - mite change yer tune!  :>)

>But washing and fussing with 4 cars can eat up a
>weekend when you are supposed to be changing the
>world, publishing sonnets, or generally having a life.
======================================
no arguments here - try adding two motorcycles to the equation!

>thx
>luke
>
>74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 95 164LS, 98 Audi A6 Q
yer welcome!  ;~)
doug s.,
'72 pantera
'78 ducati darmah