Re: Milano clutch

Like most repairs, replacing the clutch on a Milano is not difficult, it
just takes fortitude, patience and time.  Only special tool I can think
of is a bar with appropriate holes to bolt on to the spider so you can
remove the nut holding it on to the clutch input shaft.  You can
fabricate this yourself.

Based on your description, I question the need for replacing the
clutch.  I'm familiar with clutch failure due to slipping which is very,
very obvious.  I don't know what else could go wrong with the clutch
itself.  You might want to check the pivot fork and bolt, and the master
and slave cylinders.  I would suspect one of these.

Also, check the price on new clutches.  I think that will make up your
mind not to replace it unless absolutely necessary.

Good luck
Scott Swanberg

- ------------
Glenn Wasserman wrote:
>How difficult is it to change the clutch on a Milano? I'm pretty much a
beginner in terms of mechanics... I've so far done oil changes, and
brake
jobs on my Milano and a couple of minor repairs (A/C tensioner
pulley...etc.) but never really a serious repair job.

>Is a clutch replacement something I could do in my garage, with simple
tools? Do I need any special tools? How long does it take? What would it
cost me to do it myself?

>The clutch on my Milano hasn't felt right since the day I got it, but
I've
put 50,000 miles on it over the last two years and it still feels
exactly
the same. No slipping at all - but a very high grab, and very vague
feel. I
think it would be a nice project to replace it, if it's doable and not
too
expensive.