Re: 91 164 L w/ no start problem

Kenny:
My wife's 164L did this many years ago.  I mistakenly coasted down with car in
gear (automatic). This compounded the problem. There was no spark and
eventually the ECU had to be replaced. This was difficult to diagnose because
there was no compression. Carbon had been knocked off the valves &c and
prevented them from fully closing. Acted like a timing belt / jumped time
problem and eventually we did a valve job to make sure. God bless extended
warranties. I don't know if it was ever figured out what caused the ECU to die.
I hope it is something else; but that is our story.
Good Luck and Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX
p.s. I hope you had it taken to a competent shop. bjb

Kenny McKoy wrote:

> Monday afternoon, While cruising around 75+ MPH down route 29 south in
> Maryland my Alfa took it upon itself to shut down. The car felt like it was
> out of I fuel; tank is 3/4 full.  I managed to get the car  to the
> shoulder; tried to restart but to no avail. If anyone out there has a
> similar problem please help.
>
> 91 164L
> 94 Corvette
> 75 TR6