Re: Broken Milano Windshield

In a message dated 9/9/99 11:05:33 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Subject: Broken Milano Windshield

 The windshield on my '87 Milano has cracked.  Fortunately I have glass
 coverage on my insurance so I can get it replaced without charge to me.
 I would like to have a factory windshield reinstalled. >>

No the insurance company is not required to use original.  But I gave the
glass company the phone number of my Alfa dealer and told them I would pay
the difference.   Surprise, the Alfa part was $10 cheaper than the after
market brand.