Re: Headlight Advice

I feel you should be pretty set with H2's and H4's.  In my prealfa days I
drove an '89 Volvo 744T, last year of the sealed beam headlights.  I
replaced them with H1's (pencil beam on hi) and H4's (hi/low).  With the
stock Volvo wiring I was running 100w in the H1's, and 90/130w in the H4's
(plus stock 55w fogs.)  Never had a problem, and with the low cut of the
H4's the 90w low beam never bothered other drivers.  If your wiring can
take it, I would go with a high wattage bulb.  I'm not sure how important
the brand is, but I used Osram and Philips and they've yet to be replaced
by the new owner.  I've never driven a car since that made trees welt.  I
would stay away from any bulbs with "coatings".  Anything placed on top of
the bulb acts as a filter and is stopping some wavelengths of light from
getting from the fillament to the road.  Tried to the Ion Blue coating
thing and returned them the same day.  I have no experience with other gas
types than halogen though.  Hope this helps..

Ryan
'92 164S (eagerly awaiting it's own H4's)

ps speaking of wiring, would I or should I have to make any changes the
wiring of the 164 headlight system run a high wattage bulb in an H4 setup?