Re: Monterey notes, part 2

I spent the whole weekend at the historics, running the flagging at turn 3.

In all your enthusiasm over the TZs, the TZ2, and the the GTA you overlooked
the first Kamm tail Giulietta Sprint Zagato I have seen at the Historics.
The SZCT is the rarest of the Alfas that was in group 6A, even though it was
abysmally driven.  Having raced Alfas with some success in the past, I was
sorely tempted to offer my services.

Marnix Dillenius had the bad fortune to fracture the left front hub exiting 3
a couple laps from the end of the race. He ground to a halt well short of the
wall, but with visible damage to the hood.

It's odd to me that an Alfa fanatic would find no interest in seeing and
hearing the divine song of the last Formula 1 Alfa Romeos there will ever be.
As last year, 2 1983 F1 Alfas ran in the 1967 and later F1 group.

Many hold the the finest song of all automobiles is that of the 50s Ferrari
V-12.  That song is truely wonderful, but some years ago, I concluded that
the song of the Cosworth DFV that powered most F1 cars from 1968 through
1972 was even finer.  Yet both of these wonderful engines are overshaddowed
by the soprano howl of the 1983 Alfa V-12 turnng 15000 rpm.  Truely the Alfa
engine to end all Alfa engines

Chris Prael