what does this code mean?

	?
	Robert wrote;

	This morning after starting my 90 Spider my check engine light
stayed on.
	After driving to work I tried to reset the light but it would not go
off.  I
	then proceeded to read the flashing code and this is what I got:
One long
	flash then a short break followed by one short flash and then three
double
	flashes.  I guess it looked something like this:  ______
___     __
	__   __ __   __ __

	Does anyone know what this means?  On Monday I drove home is some
very HEAVY
	rain.  Tuesday morning the car did not crank right away.  I had to
crank it
	twice.  And Tuesday afternoon it did crank at all and I had to jump
it.  Once
	I got home last night I checked the battery (12+ volts) and the
alternator
	(14+ volts).  So those seem good.  I charged the battery anyway and
then this
	morning the check engine light is on.  Any suggestions?

	This is code 1222 which I think, not able to look in my manual, is
the oxygen sensor code. From what you said about driving in heavy rain leads
me to believe that you got water in the connections alongside the fire wall.
The correction for this is to disconnect them and dry them with dry
compressed air and reconnect them using dielectric grease to keep the
moisture out.

	Ralph Fetsch

	91 Spider Veloce w/auto 167,000+ miles
	64 Giulia 1600 Spider