Re: Spider Dash Cracks

The dash *dries out* over time, resulting in shrinkage, warpage, and cracks.
Exposure to ultraviolet radiation (sunlight) accelerates the process.  When you
see haze on the windshield of a car that has never been smoked in, it comes from
the dash losing its oils.  I have used Armorall (spelling?) on mine since new,
always keep it in the garage, and my dash is like new.  There may be other
products which will do a better job of keeping the dash from drying out.
Temperature extremes in northern Minnesota (50 below zero F in winter, up to 100
degrees F in summer) have not had an adverse effect.  However, I would expect it
to be more brittle if struck by something at the cold end of the temperature
range, just like everything else seems to be in this location.

Back to lurking....

Loyd Heimbruch
Stella del Nord Chapter (Minnesota), AROC
78 Niki Spider