Re: Niche Cars...

Robert Brady mentioned:  "...I see no evidence that Fiat wants to, or
intends to be a niche automobile manufacturer".

Hmm.  I think one could look at this a bit differently.  Isn't FIAT's
Ferrari the best example in history of a successful niche manufacturer?
And their new Maserati?

They all serve a purpose in the global strategy of FIAT group.

And clearly Alfa was a niche player in the US market for many years.  To my
mind, it's just a question of whether the profit margins substantiate the
presence.  I understand that Alfa's profits in the US did not, and in fact
that they sold many cars at a loss.  Ferraris and new Masers are, I
imagine,  a different matter.  But couldn't one imagine that a tricked out
ALFA GTV V6 (at a relatively high price point) being a money maker even at
"niche" volume levels?  Who knows?

Roger
1994 164LS (niche and too soft!)
1969 1750 Spider (nice and niche)

or as an official confirmation of any transaction, unless specifically agreed
otherwise. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as
to completeness or accuracy and is subject to change without notice. Any
comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of
J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates.