Re: Stripped spica studs (Owwww)

Tim,

Replacing all those 'pesky' studs with bolts and washers is NOT a good
idea.

The factory used studs and not bolts to fasten the injection pump to
the block for a very good reason: you are almost certain to strip the
threads in the block when you torque those steel bolts!  I'm sure
that I am not the only one who would find it a lot peskier to replace
the block than it is to replace 1 to 4 studs.

Get the old studs out and replace them with nice fresh new ones.

This may sound a little rough, but, if you are going to mess with
Alfas, you need to understand that it is 'mickey mouse' mechanicing
(such as you have suggested) that has given Alfas a bad name in the US.

chrisp