93 Spider Correct Fuse Sizes

	Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:05:29 -0400
	Robert wrote:

	I recently purchased my first, long overdue Spider (93
	Veloce). As I work my way through the car I found the
	following odd conditions. First, the original Owners Manual
	(p. 102) shows Fuse #5 to be a 7.5 amp. However the Alfa
	Spider Shop Manual (p. 40-21) shows it to be a 10 amp. Which
	is correct? A 10 amp is installed.

	Also, Manual (p.40-21) shows Relay #NX (radio) to be an 8
	amp. Since I cannot find an 8 amp fuse and there is a 10 amp
	installed, should it be left as is (seems to work fine) or
	replaced with a 7.5 amp?

	Finally, Relay Q22 has a 7.5 amp Fuse but the Shop Manual
	states it to be a 10 amp. It is the Electromagnetic Coupling
	Control. So, what is this EMC and what is the preferred fuse
	rating.

	Please note that the car runs fine, everything works, but as
	I go through each section of the car and check it over, this
	one has me stumped. Your help ... as always ... is greatly
	appreciated.

	Rob Favali
	Connecticut

	Alfa had number of service bulletins that change the size of fuse
that should be installed on 91 and newer spiders. The size you list are
correct, at least from memory. I'm at the office and don't have the car disc
to check the service bulletins.

	The EMC is the air conditioning clutch. It is an electromagnetic,
when energized engages the drive pulley for the a/c compressor.

	Ralph Fetsch
	Houston, Texas

	91 Spider Veloce w/auto 167,000+ miles
	64 Giulia 1600 Spider