RE: Milano brakes

Peter wrote:
 =

>> The brake pedal sinks all the way to the floor. The brakes
have pretty good stopping power, but you have to press the pedal
all the way to floor to stop the car all the way.  I've driven
the car around town like this, but it's not a safe feeling... <<

Here's a real longshot, but...
 =

On my Milano the brake MC was bad and I had to replace it.
In the process of replacing the MC the 3/8" tip of the vacuum
booster actuating rod came off and the new MC was put on without
the tip in place. The result was excessive brake pedal travel
before the brakes would grab. This makes sense, since the
actuator rod was too short. Finally figured it. This happened
to another Digester too. Possibly something to check out.

>> Now my brake lights (in the back) are on ALL the time. Even
if I'm not pressing on the pedal and the car is off... <<

Check the brake light switch. On the Spider at least this switch
is actuated by a flat piece of metal attached to the brake pedal
lever. If the attaching hardware comes loose or the switch fails,
the lights turn on.

Good luck,

Rich
Editor, i Saluti, St Louis AROC