Why an Alfa?

Why an Alfa? Well, it was an evolutionary process. Since I am in a hurry and lack the eloquence of
the esteemed Scott Fisher, here is my summary in Reader's Digest format:

- - My family has always owned "odd cars"
- - Mom and Dad met in 1961 because they both drove imports (VW and MGA) in a part of the country
where imports are still under-represented. Dad always complained about the Ford Wagon that he
traded the MGA for. (I was his growing family!)
- - My first car awareness was a ride in my Dad's Jag XK140. Of course it was non-operational most
of the time, so I always bugged him for a ride, but alas, it was not possible!)
- - After College I bought a Mitsu Starion...soulless, reliable...
- - At 100K miles on the Mitsu, I craved something else
- - A friend of a friend at work was selling a '75 Fiat Spider. Second owner, well cared-for by an
Air Force jet engine mechanic.
- - I bought it and realized it is (1) FUN and (2) if you take car of them, Italian cars are
reliable (1989)
- - When the Mitsu was getting old at 160K miles, I spotted a GTV-6 with new red paint. It was
in my driveway the same day. AMORE again! (1993)
- - By the time ARDONA announced their impending closure, I was fully hooked. I drove to the dealer
and bought the last of the new 164LS in 1995 while I still could.
- - And so it goes...never to own a Chevy...

Karl