Re: Why an Alfa?

Why did I buy it?  I saw an Alfa Spider when I was a kid and was immediately
struck by the lines.  I've always loved the look but always figured they were
super expensive and never considered that I might get one myself.  Years
later I saw one in an apartment parking lot, rotting away.  That rekindled my
interest and though I passed on buying that one I did pick one up about a
year and a half later in about the same condition.
    Why did I keep it?  Well, even though it has cost a lot to get it back to
running condition and keep it there I love it.  Driving it has been such a
blast.  I also love the fact that there are very few cars around like it.  It
may not have a new paint job or new upholstery yet but I still get a lot of
looks around campus.
Ed Gibbs
AROC
University of Florida