RE: Why Alfa?

Gotta say something here!

Why own an Alfa indeed!  I mean, is it really worth all the wise-ass
remarks from others, expensive and spotty parts supply, or spending
weekends under the hood?  YOU BET IT IS!  You do not drive an Alfa, you
bond with it.  And every time you put the key in the ignition and she
actually starts, what a joy!
You want looks?  Alfa is the car for you.  I admit that on many occasions
my 164 has caught my eye across the parking lot or from my office window,
and every single time, temporarily forgetting the car is mine, I think
*Man!  What a beaut!"  Keep in mind, I have owned this car for five years now!

You want sound?  Drive most Alfas through a tunnel, lower your driver's
side window, go close to the wall (close is a relative term here!) and
stick your head out just a bit, while you are one or two gears lower than
you should... You will hear the mechanical equivalent to Mozart...

You want performance?  Relative term, again, but the agonizing faces on
other drivers as you show them what italian ponies will do is enough.

I cannot possibly stress enough the perfect combination of an Alfa sedan
and an Alfa convertible.  The sedan offers you safety, comfort, stunning
performance, and of course ...the looks!  And when the day in the office
has become unbearable, drop the top on the Spider and let nature smile at
you!  Can't they just come back to the US so that we can buy more of them???

Spiros

'94 164LS
'85 Spider

End of alfa-digest V7 #957