why Alfa?

Simple -- Never had anything else, never wanted anything else.  First
taste of Alfa was ten years ago
when my grandfather inherited the '74 GTV 2000 that an uncle used to own
in Texas.  I got a
few rides before he started storing it, and was hooked at age 14 (by
styling and performance, but
the image that stuck in my mind over the intervening 10 years was the
wood steering wheel.  Go
figure.)  As a gift, the GTV became my first car in college, and before
winter arrived I picked up a
164.  GTV hasn't seen a winter road yet, and is in great shape (Thanks
both to the digest and my mechanics).  I've never had my name on a title
that wasn't to an Alfa, and I'm determined not to screw up this run.
Nothing else removes the bore from driving like an Alfa.

         Jeff Matson