why Alfa?

I can't pretend to reach the levels of literary excellence demonstrated
earlier in this thread, i'm sure that alfisti will agree that these writings
have been overwhelmingly inspirational, filled as they are with such rich
imagery and emotion. I feel the same things that the authors have expressed
so well - my Alfa stories are not so romantic but i feel compelled to
express them just the same.
I do remember the really neat Berlina with the willing engine that my older
cousin had, when i was about 15, ripping up and down the side of the
escarpment in Hamilton (well any kind of outing in that car would be
remembered as "ripping around"). And the beautiful and perfect red GTV that
one of the profs occasionally brought into work at the university where i
was an engineering student - everytime it showed up i would get on my hands
and knees and look underneath to admire what was to me, pretty exotic design
(only after admiring the perfect condition of the topside for long enough!),
i remember thinking to myself how much i would like one of those! (That prof
still has that GTV, last i heard) There was something about its shape and
proportions that seemed perfection itself. I met one of my best friends (19
years now) in a huge study hall because i chose to sit down right next to
the guy with a big Alfa Romeo sticker on his briefcase! And then finally,
one day more recently, when out of work (not the time to be looking to buy a
car), i saw my Milano, ugly duckling that it is, but that beckoned to me in
some mysteriously appealing way (buy me!, buy me!, take me home and love
me!) and that was it. Once bitten ... .

Jean Denis
'89 Milano Verde
dreaming of a larger collection (of A.L.F.A.'s)