alfa-digest V7 #956

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
>>      So my question to all of you Alfa nuts, is twofold, 1) Why did yo=
buy
> it, and 2) why do you keep your Alfa?<

It started with a generalized passion for interesting, fun cars. Along th=
way, I discovered a secret commparable to alchemy --  interesting, fun ca=
rs
that are ignored by the mainstream buyers are relatively  cheap (compared=

to new cars) to buy and own -- making golden automotive experiences from
inexpensive material. I had enjoyed the experience through a series of
TR-3, A-H 3000 (2), Frogeye Sprite (4), E-Jaguar, Singer 4AD, MG TD,
Midget, MGB, Lotus Esprit, Jensen-Healey and etc. British cars. But, it w=
as
time for an automotive culture change. I have a good friend who is the mo=
st
perceptive car person I have ever met. He loves Alfa's. So, I started =

paying attention to Alfa Spiders, which turned out to be really interesti=
ng
cars and very affordable. In fact, on a very practical level, I was
surprised how much car there was in the Alfa for barely more than good-MG=
money. That's how we got to our '82 Spider. From there we added a '58
Giulietta, which is a current but slow-moving project.

We keep Alfa's because the Alfa "experience" is multi-dimensional -- not
only did we get a really fine automoble, but it came with a built-in
history and tradition, and links to another, rich culture, that  Miata's,=

etc., can't provide at any price. The people who share the Alfa enthusias=
enrich the experience even further. =