why alfa

Most of my reasons for an Alfa are similar to others.  And on reason is
genetic- my dad bought a 59 Spider Veloce without even driving it!  My first
Alfa (and car) was a '77 Alfetta, then a 59 Spider, and an exchange of the
'77 for a wonderful '73 GTV.  The cars are so pleasant to drive, I would
just end up echoing other people.

Comparisons?  Let me list some of the hardware I've driven here at work:
Aston Martin DB7 (both V12 and I-6), Indigo show car (V12), C5 Vette,
Mustang Cobra R (big 5.4l 4V and IRS), BMW M3 (with F1 style shifter),
monster 550hp blown Mustang....  I ALWAYS come back to the Alfa, it is just
a more pleasurable car to drive than any of the above.  Note that every
single one would kick the crap out of the GTV for any performance numbers.
But its not just performance, is it?  Passion is a much more appropriate
word.  And I've been lucky enough to drive a new spider and 155 TS, and ride
in a new GTV- even with a Fiat filter placed on it, you can still tell its
an Alfa....

God, I love these cars!
Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI