91 164 Check Engine Light

The other day my rotor and rotor cap fried itselfon my 91 164S.  How the car
ran at all amazes me.  The symptons were extreme bucking  that lead me to
believe it was a vacume issue.  My mechanic figured it out but neither of us
can figure out why.  Anyway now that the rotor and cap are replaced the
check engine light stays on.  Now if you push the diagnostic button under
the steering wheel it goes out.  Also the idle is somehat ought at idle when
cold but once everything warms up it is alright.  Also at cold the engine
wants to die so rev's have to be kept up.  I did check the diagnostic code
and the engine light flashes 1-2-6-5 (short circuit towards ground of final
stage of CHECK ENGINE error warning lamp.  Short circuit towards battery
positive of final stage of Check ENGINE error warning lamp). Anybody out
there have any ideas?

			Terry Johnston
			91 164S
			83 GTV-6