Alfa Control

Hi

On an Alfa 75 TS I borrowed recently the Alfa Control
panel has freaked. Most of the time it is showing
warnings for brake fuild, dashboard lights, coolant
level and washer fluid level, but does not show a
low oil level warning despite having a known faulty
sensor. Sometime all the warning lights illuminate,
but the large warning lamp stays unlit, and a couple
of times all the lights stay off. This problem occured
at the same time as the interior warning lights
developed a mind if their, turning themselves on
while driving and not tyrning off automatically if
the ignition is switched on.

I presume that the Alfa Control control unit acts as
a timer for the interior lights.

Any idea's as to where to look for as fault? My first
guess would be a faulty earth, but where does the
Alfa Control unit earth to? The car is RHD by the
way

All the best

Keith