Re: tire suggestrions plz

I have used both Kumhos and The Toyo RA-1s on my spider. I would say that
either one will last a long time, but the Toyos definitely last longer
than the Kumhos. I've been told that shaving the Toyos for track use
makes them last longer (less heat build up) don't know if true. I'm not
convinced the Kumhos are stickier than the Toyos. the Kumhos have lasted
through two track seesions, and about 1600 hwy miles--from the looks of
them, they'll only be good for one more track session. The Toyos went
through at least 5 track sessions and about 2500 miles.

Don't just rely on my prejudices, get other peoples!

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 AKress1948@domain.elided wrote:

> Looking for input - getting near to selecting some tires, for the time being
> these will have to do some double duty, i.e. track & street - with a definite
> track bias.  However, as you might guess, won't have to be all weather, or
> get 40,000 miles.  This is for a car that probably won't see more than 2 -3 k
> miles a year - I hope w/ a lot of that at the track.
> I'm leaning towards the KumhoV70? or the Toyo Praxes RA1.
> They both have gotten decent "reviews" as very sticky for the track, decent
> in the wet, and will hold up surprisingly well on the street.
> FWIW, I believe I've finally decided on 15 x 7 Panasports w/ 20 mm offset for
> the Super.  Might be a little close at the wheel arch lip at the rear, but is
> clearly the best compromise in fit, and I am assured that if I need to buy a
> little space, the inside mounting surface of the rim can be machined off.
> Hope so.
> Thanks.
> Andy

Regards,