DR banana or How I learned to love my Alfa..

I think we should change the name of the digest to "this week in the free
world."
I love the different lessons on free world economics we have had the last
couple of issues, and generally enjoy the ideals expressed by my fellow
Alfaists.   But there are something that people just don't realize about
our country compared to others.

We (American's ) have a large unifiable appetite for the good life and cool
toys balanced by what is perceived as durable
Let me share this story with you and maybe it will tell you why Alfa Romero
is no longer in this country and will probably never be back.
I have had the joy(privialige) of owning 2 Alfa spiders (71' and a 74)they
are sexy and fun  and a 91 Nissan Maxima. a daily drive
On day while sitting in Southwest motors (the old Alfa dealer in Houston TX
(do you remember it Jerry?))
I saw the steward replacing a piece of cardboard under a new GTV.  I asked
salesman at the time and was told that all Alfas leak oil ( I was glad to
hear it for I thought mine was the only one).and it wouldn't be a Alfa if
it didn't.

On the other hand, My Maxima,  portrayed on TV and magazines, as fun to
drive, goes day after day after day, of running like a top.  It never
doesn't want to start, etc etc etc.... I even purchased a 100,000 mile
warranty..nice.

Don't get me wrong, I am currently restoring ay 74 spider and just talked a
friend into a 67 Dueltto.  I think that Alfas are the best sports car
avaible for the money.  But they aren't for everyone.
Glenn

Glenn Wallin
13715 Murphy Rd
Stafford TX 77477