Alfa and the marketplace

Attracting flak is a hobby of mine, I like to think it keeps me on my toes.
Alfa failed on reentry because the American Public did not believe they had
fixed their quality problems. As is often the case the American Public was
right. The NA version of the164 was built in a new factory with awesome (by
Italian standards) quality control by skilled  and well managed workers.
The design of the details was crap and the quality control of the parts
going into the car was crap. It was and is a beautiful car designed in a
country that will not adopt American attitudes to business. Why did the
Japanese succeed where others have failed so miserably? because they
studied the US market and beat the Americans at their own game. The
American worker is possibly the most productive worker in the world (the
stats certainly suggest so), if properly managed. Want proof? Those US
workers are now building Japanese cars to quality standards as high or
higher than Japanese built cars and sending them overseas!!! The Big Three
are running to catch up from behind. Maybe Alfa should open a plant here
and build real cars (BTW some of the highest quality cars built in NA are
built right here in little old Canada using tried and true American
business methods).

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada