Re: Positive earth and other uplifting experiences

Simon says:

>I was wondering if anybody else agreed with me on this. I still maintain
>that the supposed "theoretical advantages" of positive ground sit right
>next to pulling a sword from a stone among British myths.

The sword and stone trick is a Celtic myth, definitely not British.  As for
positive earth, I can't see what the problem is.  British cars have
conformed to the negative earth standard since the early seventies.  There
is no argument, just a few historical anomalies.

My experience of Lucas reliability, based on 15 years of driving mostly an
assortment of knackered Minis, is dynamo brush failure (2), condensor
failure (1).  None of these stranded me.  I consider that as pretty good,
considering the condition of most of those cars.  But then I have found all
of my Alfas, Fiats and Lancias to be very reliable cars too, and *everyone*
knows that *Italian cars* are so unreliable that you're lucky to be able to
make it out of the driveway.

Cheers
Mat