Re: U.S. rules

In a message dated 8/4/99 10:36:17 EST, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Haven't done an official study, but, most of the world seems to regard the
 USA as having one of the most closed free markets anywhere in the world.
 Tariffs aren't the easiest nor the most effective trade barriers. Try
 importing something into the US on a commercial basis and you'll find out
 very quickly what the world already knows, >>

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of Americans who lost their jobs in
apparel, textiles, steel, electronics and all kinds of manufacturing to
nations who pay their people $2 an hour. Our trade deficit is bigger than the
GNP of some of the nations  who do the bitching. Give me a break.

<<Now, no one else does either except
places like Hong Kong and Singapore and the odd free trade zone, but no one
else complains as loudly as the US does about "Protectionism" ...ah
....physician heal thyself!!>>

And the "most restricted access award" in the automotive category goes

ITALY!!