Re: U.S. rules

In a message dated 8/5/99 02:42:07 EST, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< << I personally would like to see some expemptions for low volume,
 niche cars that would allow some unique cars into the country, but it ain't
 gonna happen.>> >>

Actually there were exemptions for low volume cars when pollution controls
were intheir infancy, to allow manufacturers to catch up. There was also the
funny business of importing new cars that were listed as one or two years old
to come in under the threshold of production when the stricter regulations
came into effect. If I  remember, there were several 1976 cars being sold
well into 1978!! Talk about NOS!!