RE: 3.0 V6: Airbox mods, and valve guide questions

FWIW,  a few years ago I had the heads off of my 1988 Milano Verde at
85,000 miles to replace leaking head gaskets (car had old-style multi-pie=
ce
gaskets).  While the heads were off, I wiggled all of the valves and
noticed a couple of worn guides.  Also peeked into all of the inlet and
exhaust ports and noticed a few of the exhaust valve seals were starting =
"weep" oil down the stems.  For background, I had religiously changed oil=

every 3,000 miles with synthetic, which showed otherwise in that insides =
of
motor were immaculately clean.

Shipped both heads to Sperry for rebuild and had no problems since.  Sper=
ry
uses viton seals that he claims to be superior to seals that came with ca=
r.
 Some sort of upgrade does seem appropriate:  85,000 miles seems low for =

valve seals.

Paul Bowman
'88 Milano Verde
'86 Spider