3.0 V6: Airbox mods, and valve guide questions

Hi people,

	There are some pics of my modified airbox here

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/8263/alfa.html

Now some questions:

1-Has anyone used the Sperry modified plenum and runners on their
V6s ?

I plan to use this, S-cams, radius cut valve seats and replace
the AFM with a BMW 528i AFM. My valve guides are worn or
something. I don't see blue smoke from the tailpipe, but oil
consumption is getting higher, especially with 10w40 oil. (I mix
10w40 Castrol GTX with 5w50 Syntec, 50/50). And the valve train
is a little noisy, even after having it adjusted. Also, the oil
is still clean after 2000 miles. So I seriously doubt it's the
rings.

Maybe my valve guides are bronze which wear quickly. Or could it
be just the valve seals leaking? The engine only has 90K miles
(from an '87 Verde). Do 164s use silicon aluminum guides? My
dad's 164L is a '93 with 80K miles, consumes no oil, and is a
very strong runner. I wonder if Alfa made a switch to new guides
in the later 164s (i.e. '91 and newer).

I really like the torque of the stock cams, but then again I
really like to hear the V6 sing. I dunno about you guys, but
after the car is warmed up, it seldom ever stays below 4000 rpm.
Maybe that's why the guides are worn 8-).

My advice to anyone putting in a used 3.0L, check the condition
of the guides. Have it done before the engine is put in. Will
save you the headache and extra labor. Also means you get to
replace the head gasket.

2-Also do can I use a 164L water pump in my Milano?

Thanks.

Zamani