Re: Bleeding dual cct brakes

Hi all,

Jack Hagerty wrote back in V7#916:

> Take a turkey baster and suck all of the old fluid out of the
> reservior. Don't worry, you can't suck out enough to get air into the
> M/C.

My question here is, what about those of us who have an off-take on the
brake M/C reservoir that feeds the clutch M/C? The off-take is about
half way up the reservoir, so emptying the reservoir is guaranteed to
put air into the clutch lines. Much as I'd like to do this to keep the
new fluid as clean as possible, the thought of having to bleed the
clutch from scratch every time doesn't thrill me, particularly given how
quickly the fluid level can drop from "full" to "air in the clutch
master cylinder" when bleeding the clutch.

1979 Alfetta 2000 (with two reservoirs)
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i (with one common reservoir, which seemed like a good
                   idea until I had to change brake fluid for the first
                   time.)

The Alfa 90 Page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709
- --
Tony Lupton                          *     Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Learning Products Team Leader     *    *   303 Coronation Drive
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided       *    PO Box 1656
Phone: +61 7 3368 6926                     Milton Qld 4064
Fax:   +61 7 3368 6999              *      Australia