Wireing Problem

C'mon Guys and Gals,

Someone must have had this problem.  I know I don't have the only Spider to
experience electrical problems.  To review, for those that have missed my
previous 2 posts, I have an 87 Spider Quad that suddenly developed an
electrical fault in the #4 fuse circuit, which handles the electric mirrors,
the clock, and the brake lights.  I can live without the clock and mirrors,
the brakes, well.......

Anyway, I have disconnected both mirror motors, the switch at the brake
pedal, the whole tail light pigtail and I'm still showing a short.  I
haven't gotten as far as to disconnect the mirror control, too far into the
console.

Where do I go next?  I'm trying to do this myself, both to learn about my
car and to keep the costs down, but I bought this car to DRIVE and there she
sets without any brake lights.  To top it off the weather has turned cooler,
perfect top down weather and I'm in the garage!

She goes to the shop next week if I don't solve this problem by Sunday.

Brad
87 Spider