RE: Italian auto regulations?

robert hardwick from seattle wrote:
<Just spent 3 weeks in Italy and (among many other things...) was struck by
the lack of old cars.  The only cars more than 10 years old were in such
condition that they must have been owned by enthusiasts.  Not only were the
cars new, but there weren't any with unrepaired body damage.  I can't
believe that this is the result of individuals' decisions.  What law(s) have
led to this situation?  Where do the "old" cars go?>
I am glad that you were able to visit Italy for 3 weeks (naigh....I really
hate you) :))
But please tell me: what part of Italy was that?  Old cars must go south,
because from Rome on down it gets, lets say ... less rich.
Jorge
(ah! if I could drive down La Costiera Amalfitana in my Verde!)