75/Milano road test

I read through the road test that the Sydney Morning Herald did on the
75/Milano the other day. I tend to disagree with their conclusions.
Forgive me if I sound opinionated...

They stated:  "The heavy engine stuffed into the inelegant nose of the
75 made for less than brilliant handling", and "the weight distribution
of the 75 3.0 was far from ideal. It made a mockery of the rear-mounted
gearbox, which had been intended to keep things on a more even keel." -

Were they driving a different type of Milano than mine?!? I believe the
weight distribution on the Milano was 51/49 front/rear... correct? (or
does my memory fail me?)  I never thought the car was nose heavy, or
that it adversely affected the handling. They also bashed the styling
and said the interior was "ergonomically weird and unattractive". Now, I
agree that the styling of the car takes a little getting used to, but it
really grows on you. The more I look at my Milano... the better I think
it looks and the more I appreciate the styling. I also see where they
might see the interior as uncomfortable, because of the "Italian Driving
Position" long armed short  legged setup. I don't think it's too cramped
though. True, it's not extra spacious, but I enjoy how everything is
close to you and tightly wrapped around the driver... just like a sports
car! They reported bad electrical problems, just like all Italian cars
they said. I myself have never had any electrical problems with my car
other than a couple burnt out bulbs here and there.

They also wrote:
"The 75 typified Alfa Romeo in the 80s: confused" <-- I think these guys
are confused.
"was a chunky sedan rather than a delectable coupe." <-- Chunky?
"the car preferred the idea of going straight ahead at corners rather
than turning into them  with alacrity." <-- again, which car were they
driving?!?!
"its only a bargain if you can live with the car." <-- If you can live
with the car?!?! Personally, I'm hurt. ;)
"the styling is a taste you may never acquire." <-- I think these guys
drive Hondas or something...

I think the people who wrote this were probably the kind of people who
drive their cars (read: econobox) for the single purpose of getting from
point A to B, not for the pure fun of driving. They probably don't enjoy
it, or love it like an Alfa owner does. Their cars probably just take up
driveway space as they achieve their design goal year after year: to
last a hundreds of thousands of miles without the slightest bit of
maintenance while still achieving 30 mpg.

Well, that's about the extent of my seemingly endless blabbing. I
apologize if I might have offended anyone, which I don't think I did...
because after all, this is just my opinion and it doesn't mean much.
This was simply my inner male, aggressive, defensive self speaking out
when the car I so dearly care for and appreciate is not given proper
credit for the wonderful automobile it is.

      -Chip
   89 Milano