fiberglass bumpers

Thought I'd mention this to the list:

Oh yes, while I was hunting today for the '79 Spider taillamp to body
gaskets (I'd like to put a new pair on since the paint will be fresh), I
asked the folks at Alfa Ricambi Performance whether they were still
selling the fiberglass replica bumpers for '76 to '82 Spiders. They have
some in stock now ... the pair costs $425.

Fitting these bumpers to your '76-82 Spider removes an ungodly amount of
weight from the far ends of the car and makes it handle far more like an
Alfa should. More precise steering, etc etc. I love them on my car.
They're not the most beautiful things on the planet but they fit easily
and make the car work properly.

Godfrey
  owner of FrankenSpider, aka Screaming Yellow Zonker