Re:S-types

I know this is the Alfa Digest, but Jay, you may want to check out the
May 3 issue of AutoWeek for information and pictures on the newest
Jaguar.  They test the S-type and say "Having studied, smelled and driven
an S-type, we say with certainty that you won't mistake it for a F*rd."
I saw my first one on the Oregon Coast last weekend and realized
instantly that I was not looking at a F*rd, L*nc*ln, or R*mbl*r.   From
the back, it looks like many other large vehicles, I guess one could
conjure up similarities to the Town Car or something.  I'm not into
making those comparisons myself.
Not gonna answer your philosophical question - maybe leave that to Eric
or somebody else at Ford.com or Jaguar.com

Gordy Hyde
NWARC
Bothell, WA
1987 Spider "VELOCE"