re: glue removal

Thank to everyone who offered suggestions for removing old glue.  The
product that gave me the best results is "Goof Off."  It softened the old
glue in a few seconds, so I could take it off with a scraper or adhesive
pad.  It even loosened the bits of old foam rubber I hadn't been able to
pull or scrape off.  Goof Off is basically xylene,  technical-grade xylene
might be cheaper, if one had a source for it.

Dana Loomis
71 1750 GTV
72 2000 GTV