RE: Header experience

I could also use some thoughts/opinions regarding a header or euro manifold
(if available) for an Alfetta GT.  The purpose of this car is to bring joy
to my face on the track.  Street use will mostly be driving it to the track.

Also, is muffler placement (i.e. how far from the downpipe) critical?  I am
thinking of using 2.5" pipe with a good free flow muffler at the very rear
of the car.  What about the ceramic tape theory on the header?  (not trying
to start WWIII!)

Thanks,
Zach
Redmond, WA