Do fuel cells end momentary starvation?

Just catching up with unread digests, I was interested in the Spica/fuel
starvation thread. I was wondering what are the benefits of using a "fuel
cell" versus the original tank in my '74. If it eliminated the starvation
caused by sloshing and/or hot fuel, this would seem to be reason enough to
tackle some fabrication. An in-tank pump would also offer minor advantages.
Could someone experienced please comment?

Mike Grace
Santa Barbara
'74 GTV (Now with a nice, tight rear-end thanks to Super-Pro polyurethane
bushings throughout! ;-)