Benny Hinn Spider?

Four days ago, the turn signals on my '89 Spider Veloce went dead as a
hammer. No rapid click to indicate a burned-out bulb/bulbs; no nothing.
Spent two days contemplating cost of a new switch and trying to remember to
give hand signals. Yesterday, forgot hand signal, flipped the turn signal
switch and the turn signal was working again. It's still working today.
Anybody have any ideas what's going on here? I'm a checkbook mechanic,
especially when it comes to electricals. What should I have looked at first.
   Thanks for the help.

Mike Trimble
1989 Spider Veloce