164 wheel wobble

> I have a 91' 164L and it's recently taken to shaking after 50 mph.  It
> takes
> a bump in the road to start the shaking and sometimes if I hit another bump
> it will stop.  If I accelerate the shaking gets worse.  Do I have a shock
> that's going?
> Thanks,
> Keith$

Check your shock tubes for oily residue, if it's got it, they are toast.
Check also, the yellow strut bearing in the center of the strut, also, I
have seen a couple cars with warped rotors, (shop 164 included) where
the heat of the driving causes them to shake the wheel violently when
brakes are applied and then it goes away. This indicates front brake
faults which need to be addressed.

AlfaBill
- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastroalfa.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm

End of alfa-digest V7 #893