Re: My New Press

I think my Harbor Freight 12 ton is one of the most useful tools I ever
bought. One thing you might find is that the rails are a little too close
together. This can be remedied by drilling them for 1/2" threaded rod and
sawing through the end plates that hold the rails together. What you'll
find, if you ever get to that point, is that the rails are a little too
close together for an Alfa 2nd gear to fit through them. Rear wheel
bearings are so close to the wheel mounting flange, they're a problem
too. Another little accessory your press could use is what's called a
clamshell bearing splitter. KD makes a good one, Harbor Freight might
have one too. I also cruise surplus stores looking for nice pieces of
metal to put things on top of when pressing. Enjoy.