RE: Nology Wires

>Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:37:35 -0600
>From: "Wendy Wood &/or Carson Damm" <dammwood@domain.elided>
>Subject: Nology hot wires

>Does anybody have any experience with these. I know Brad wrote about them
>in the Owner a while back (extolling their virtues). Has anybody taken the
>plunge? Any feedback would be good, some relating to GTV-6/milano would be
>a real help. Anybody know what the differences between milano abs and
>non-abs plug wires are?

>Thanks.

>Carson Damm
>Ft. McMurray, Alberta
>Canada

Well I have had a set of nology wires and sad to say they are really not
worth the money. I have also seen an article in one of the numerous hot rod
magazines that did a test between nology and magnecore wires. I can not
remember the car they tested but the put it on the dino and actually got like
.5 HP loss with the nology wires as opposed to the magnecores. I have also
had a friend with a turbo miata that is putting out some serious power and he
actually had problems with the nology wires so scraped them and went with
magnecore and fixed the problem. Good luck with your choice, but I dont think
they are worth the money. Also in case you didnt know they are really
expected to be used with a ignition amplifier like MSD or CRANE.

Zack
71 Spider turbo efi  (finally making progress)
92 164
www.angelfire.com/ri/spinya
First attempt at a website but has pictures of my turbo project, VERY BASIC
SITE!