164 a-arms

Vlad Vlad Vlad,

Why make this difficult? Alfa sells the whole a-arm, Or you can install
the SuperPros and solve the bushing issue for good.

The front end on the 164 is pretty simple and not prone to huge
problems.
The rear end is simple as well and if you have wear problems, it is a
mechanical issue.
Bent tie rods or towed improperly. Simple parts replacement.

Let me know if I can help

AlfaBill
SuperPro nut (love them purple parts)

> I partially fixed the inner front tires wearing problem,changing size of
> bushings.I know that total fixing requires changing rubber bushings in
> A-arm
> and that SAAB sells same part for the 9000 series.I wonder if any place
> sells
> the original part for the 164 (a-arm).I know about the superflex but , to
> properly install the a-arm, it has to be tighten with car sitting on wheels
> as opposed to suspended, to insure correct pretension.Pretension is
> possible
> because the rubber is cast into the steel and not quite by sliding a
> bushing
> into an preexisting a-arm.
> Anyway, now i got the rubber wearing inside problem in the rear.I had a
> look
> but i'm not sure which bushing is responsible there.Any experience on
> those,
> anybody? and there i think superflex would work too..
> Vlad
> '91 164 L  now with Magnecores (than

- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastroalfa.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm