GTV Spacers

I have a '74 GTV and was wondering about the front-end ride height.  I
understand they had to raise the front end to meet the federal
bumper/headlamp height minimums in '74 (given today's reality of
super-high SUV's it seem a bit silly to worry about the minimum...)  My
question is how'd they do it?  Did they insert spacers, if so, where? Or
did they use longer struts/springs?  I would like lower the front end,
but was wondering if this is a good idea (I know about protecting the
sump, etc.).  Any thoughts/experiences to share?

Visit the Hovis Home Page:  http://www.jps.net/gnhovis