gear lightening

I posted a while ago questioning the value of gear lightening and got
several responses off-digest, including what i felt was an excellent,
thorough, accurate, factual and detailed article on the subject. My personal
conclusion, from a mech eng's perspective, is that gear lightening is a
genuinely worthwhile improvement to gear changing effort and am still
curious about whether there are any low-inertia, streetable clutch discs
available on the market.

I dream of going on an inertia-reducing binge (not gear-related) and am
wondering about trimming the transaxle's flywheel, swiss cheese axle hubs
and brake discs, magnesium wheels - whatever possible... . Obviously don't
know to leave well enough alone! ;-o