Re: Metric Schmetric

Geoff had innocently asked:

>From: "Geoff" <geoff@domain.elided>
>Subject: Fuel consumption
>
>Just a note from metricated England.
>Someone told me that the metric system is being adopted in the US is that
>correct ???.

Oh absolutely.  They have been trying to push it at us for quite some time.
Just like they have been trying to foist socialized medicine, gun control,
and higher income taxes (well, they're succeeding on that one) on us.
But, we Americans don't always do what our government tells us - which
is why we're not saddled with a monarchy anymore.  Most serious
engineering - particularly in multinational companies (and, they're all
multinationals today) - do use metric.  But, the humans over here still
think
in inches, miles, and farenheit .

Cheerio

Jay