Re: Elastic air and inertia

I don't know that there is an easily seperable distinction between
resonance effect and valve overlap... However, if you're getting
blow-back from the exhaust side through past the carburetor bridge on
overlap, you have one radical cam in there. Even with a very mild,
tractor like cam (like in my Moto Guzzi 850 engine, 20/52/52/20 timing
that's only 40 degrees of overlap), you still have a certain amount of
standoff upwind of the jet bridge due to intake tract resonance.

Godfrey