Re: Speedo and Tach problems on my spider

You wrote in alfa-digest V7 #866:
From: Tanthor@domain.elided

The speedometer problem is a little weird.  I have read about others
with Speedo's that give incorrect readings but mine is ridiculous.  At 55
mph
(Approx.) it reads 80, at 40 MPH (approx.) it reads around 60.  What's up?
The Speedo in the car didn't work when I bought it and the PO said replace
the cable.  So I did, now I get these funky readings.  Any suggestions?
=
This is funny (well not to you and me) as the same happened to me today and
I wanted to ask the digesters what that could be. In my case it is a half
engine (1.6ie ;-) 75 (milano), dated 1991. What happened is, when I started
today it was fine. It worked O.K. until 60kph (35mph). I accelerated on a
freeway and nothing happened. It was still showing 60kph and I was doing at
least 100kph (65mph). When I passed the 130kph mark (according to rev
counter) it jumped to 220kph (135mph), than dropped to 0, jumped and dropped
to 115kph mark several times and settled there for the rest of the day,
regardless of the speeds I was doing (I reved it up to 6000 rpm in 5th geer
= 115mph). The funny thing is, that when standing at read light, the
odometer still runned and clocking up the kms on the odo.
Me too would relay like to know what's wrong!

Ciao, Matjaz