Speedo and Tach problems on my spider

Hi,
	It's me again, I have another problem or actually two that I am
hoping the collective wisdom of the list can help with.  These are not new
problems but if I can cure my heating problem they will be the next to
target.  My Tach isn't working at all.  I have replaced the cable, and then
re-replaced it to make sure I hadn't made a mistake somewhere but nothing.
Of course the Tach wasn't working when I bought the car and the PO said it
was simply a broken cable.  Since that didn't help what should I do now?
	The speedometer problem is a little weird.  I have read about others
with Speedo's that give incorrect readings but mine is ridiculous.  At 55 mph
(Approx.) it reads 80, at 40 MPH (approx.) it reads around 60.  What's up?
The Speedo in the car didn't work when I bought it and the PO said replace
the cable.  So I did, now I get these funky readings.  Any suggestions?
Ed Gibbs
AROC
78 Spider