Door lock on the 164

I recently had the same problem with my door locks on my 92.  Temporarily you
can pull the fuse and avoid the problem completely.

It did turn out to be a door handle failing.  On the back of the handle there
is a pivot point that attaches a push rod that activates the door release.
This pivot point which is part of the handle breaks (or in my case it bent).
For me it caused the push rod to be pushed out of place activating the door
locks.

I replaced the faulty door handle (not too expensive but you have to paint
it).  You might be able to "bend" the pivot point back if it hasn't snapped
but I wouldn't count on it functioning for very long.

Steven Silverstein